Welcome to our exquisite holiday home, The Lancashire Longhouse and Tiny House Annexe. This stunning Grade II listed property boasts a perfect blend of historical charm and modern comfort. Nestled within Balinese inspired gardens, you'll find yourself surrounded by tranquility and beauty. Step inside the Longhouse and be captivated by its unique features and elegant design. The historic charm is preserved throughout, creating an enchanting atmosphere. With ample space and luxurious furnishings, every corner of this home exudes warmth and relaxation. Adjacent to the Longhouse, the Tiny House Annexe offers a delightful retreat for additional guests or a private sanctuary for those seeking solitude. This charming space harmoniously complements the main property, providing a seamless experience for your holiday. Immerse yourself in the Balinese inspired gardens, where vibrant flora and serene pathways create a picturesque setting. Unwind in the inviting hot tub, allowing the soothing jets to melt away your cares and rejuvenate your senses. Whether it's a morning dip or a starlit evening soak, the hot tub offers the perfect spot to unwind and embrace the peaceful surroundings. From the moment you arrive, you'll be enchanted by the beauty and tranquility that The Lancashire Longhouse and Tiny House Annexe offer. Whether you're seeking a romantic getaway, a family retreat, or a peaceful escape, this remarkable holiday home promises an unforgettable experience. Book your stay with us and immerse yourself in the serenity of our Balinese-inspired gardens, indulge in the luxury of our hot tub, and create cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
A perfect base for families and couples looking for a quiet break to relax and unwind.
2 steps to entrance.
Ground Floor: All on the ground floor.
Living room: With electric wood burner and Smart TV.
Dining room: With electric wood burner and Smart TV.
Kitchen:With electric oven, gas hob, aga, fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
Utility room: With washing machine and tumble dryer.
Bedroom 1: With four poster double bed and en-suite with roll-top bath, shower attachment, and toilet.
Bedroom 2: With kingsize sleigh bed and Smart TV.
Bedroom 3: With single bed and limited headroom.
Annexe. Open plan living space. Living area: With Smart TV and double sofa bed. Dining area. Kitchen area: With breakfast bar, electric oven and hob, microwave and fridge. Shower room: With walk-in shower, and toilet. Narrow and steep open-tread stairs to... First Floor: Annexe. Bedroom: Galleried with double bed and single bed and limited headroom. Gas central heating, gas, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included.
Enclosed back garden with sitting out area and garden furniture. Hot tub for 6 (private). Private parking for 2 cars. No smoking. Please note: There is an unfenced pond in the garden with waterfall feature, 5 metres from the property.
THE COTTAGE and Tiny House annexe can be found in a quiet residential area of Thornton-Cleveleys, less than 2 miles from the seafront and bustling promenade. Lovingly resorted by ourselves, the property itself is of great historical interest dating back to at least the 1600’s. It’s believed to be the oldest standing property in the area and is jam packed full of character with wonderful features such as beamed vaulted ceilings and cobbled walls. The utmost care and attention have been given to the makeover with old techniques and materials used to ensure the house has remained traditional, whilst bringing it up to modern day living with a contemporary twist.
Within THE COTTAGE you’ll find three bedrooms, the first of which boasts a four-poster bed and en-suite with roll top slipper bath. The second has a substantial sleigh bed pride of place and its own cute little courtyard with table and chairs. Finally, the third has a single cabin / loft bed which with restricted head room is best suited for children or small adults. The living space stretches the length of the property and boasts a large farmhouse inspired kitchen aswell as a AGA oven (Please ask if you would like to use this 24 hours before check in) The dining room has a cosy booth style seating arrangement, and an electric stove as does the incredibly comfortable and homely lounge. A short walk across the Balinese inspired gardens complete with swinging hammocks, bean bags and a huge waterfall feature takes you to the self-contained ‘Tiny House Annexe’. This can sleep up to 5 guests but please read carefully to ensure the design matches the needs of your party. The layout is open plan with a comfortable double sofa bed on the ground floor, and a further double and single futon up on the mezzanine level. This is reached by steep open tread stairs, and once there has restricted headroom meaning that you are unable to stand. You’ll also find a full kitchen and bathroom making the ‘Tiny House’ perfect for a second family or a couple who prefer more privacy.
If you can bring yourself to leave the property you’ll find shops, pubs, and restaurants all within walking distance of the property. Less than a 10-minute drive will take you to the beautiful sandy beach and promenade and then for a bit more glitz, glamour, and razzmatazz the iconic seaside town of Blackpool can be reached in around a 15-minute drive. Alternatively, you can pick up the legendary Blackpool trams in Cleveleys taking you direct. Further afield the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is around a 30-minute drive and the Lake District National Park around an hour.
Address: 39 Crabtree Road, FY5 4HW Thornton-Cleveleys, , United Kingdom
Size: 110.0 m², 4 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms
Beds: 2 Single beds, 3 Double beds, 1 Sofa bed, 2 Couches
Prices: 188 GBP - 269 GBP / Night
More pricing information:
* Price is based on 2 guests sharing and includes the Tiny House Annexe, additional guests are priced at £25 per person per night extra. Please add all guests to the booking.
There will be an addional 5% service fee to process the booking.
Frequently asked questions..
• Do you provide towels? Yes we provide 2 towels for each guest, a hand towel and medium towel, also a few hot tub towels, kitchen towels and additional hand towels for the bathrooms.
• Is there a chance of an early check in? Guests are not normally able to check in early as the housekeeping team will still be working hard to clean and prepare for your arrival, you are more than welcome to park up early and go for a walk, lots of pubs around and Marsh Mill is a great place to visit, a lovely pub and cosy cafe and fields for dogs to have a run on :) We can let you know at this time if the home is ready any earlier
• Is there a chance of a late check out? We are unable to assist with a later check out as our housekeeping team are on a tight schedule and rota so need to start work at check out time. You are more than welcome to leave any cars etc.. at the home and go out for breakfast after check out.
• Is there an extra key? We do not provide more than one key as we provide a lock box on the outside of the property, In that way there is always a key in a safe place at the home If you wish to leave the property.
• How do we get the keys? We will meet and greet you at the property at your check in time and show you how everything works before handing you the keys/
• Do you have a travel cot? Guests are asked to bring there own cots to guarantee their own babies safety with a cot they are used to. Our insurances do not cover us to provide one to guests.
• How many cars can we park and is there additional spaces nearby? You can park 2 cars on the driveway to the front of the cottage on Hays Street, Additional parking can be found outside on the street. There are no parking restrictions.
• Is the Hot Tub Covered? The hot tub is uncovered so if it rains your head will get rained on but 80% of your body is wet anyway so enjoy!
• Is the Hot Tub Private? The hot tub is not a shared facility a day you have total private use to it with your booking. Please be mindful neighbouring properties can sometimes see into the the garden so not 100% private when bathing.
• Is the house private or shared with other guests? Yes we definitely do not have guests sharing with other strangers and guests! You have the entire house to yourself no sharing going on :) This includes the tiny house annexe, this is yours to use and will not be rented out to other guests during your stay.
• Do you provide Condiments? Salt, pepper, oil etc..? Yes we have all the basics you need to cook meals, some sauces, spices etc.. too. •
Do you have enough utensils, pots pans etc.. to prepare a meal? Yes we have everything you need to cook and prepare a meal, you just need to bring along yourself and the food!
• Can we have visitors that are not staying over? In the aspects of health, safety, security and insurances we are only covered for the guests on the booking so unfortunately you wouldn't be able to have any visitors or extra guests at the home at any time unless they are registered on the booking.
• Can we have a Hen/stag or Occasion? We do have several occasions like this at the home but on the understanding that its a relaxed and chilled out event, no music or partying. This is a council enforcement and very strict as we are in a residential area with elderly neighbours and babies so noise nuisances and disturbances can become elevated and creates issues. We have no noise restrictions and quiet at all times.
• Can we stay in the garden/Hot tub after 10pm? Under no circumstances can you do this as it is a council enforcement in the area to protect all the local surrounding residential residents to have peace in their homes. The outdoor lighting is on a timer and will switch off at 10pm
Other things to note...
We have noise restrictions at this property with being in a residential area so quiet times are after 10pm to respect the surrounding neighbours. Please read the house rules in full before booking and make sure children are supervised at all times. You can contact us easily by message through the guest book app. Our phone number can only be used in Emergencies.
*Please make sure the cottage and gardens are suitable for your children before booking as we have many freestanding furniture, water features , hot tub, stone steps in the garden and steep stairs/ladders in the annexe. * Its Important that Children must be supervised at all times
* A security deposit of £250 will be required prior to arrival for incidentals payable via bank transfer to a holding account. We will contact you after booking with the payment information. This deposit is fully refundable after check-out and subject to a full inspection of the property. *The deposit is non-refundable if any house rules are broken.
Please be mindful to keep any music low in or around the property as it can lead to complaints and visits from the council. We have to adhere to a no party/noise policy due to the residential area the cottage is in.
Please note we do no allow unregistered/unorthorised guests or visitors in the property. Please ask for any additional guests so we can register everybody in the house.
If you need to contact us please do so via the guidebook and only text or call us in an emergency.
Check out is 11pm.
Laura and Richard :)
Located in the Heart of Thornton-Cleveleys, a traditional residential coastal town, nestled in between Blackpool, Fleetwood and the Irish Sea. Our Neighbourhood is in a busy village and can be quite the hustle and bustle at times but super quiet and peaceful at nightime! We have a trading estate nearby, small village primary schools, a grade II listed church and a church hall with a soft play center next door so can get quite busy, although once inside the house and the garden area it is very peaceful and private. All our neighbours are super friendly and will always say hello as everyone loves this house in the area! Many amenities are nearby and in walking distance such as convenience stores, shops, pubs and restaurants. The Historic Marsh Mill Windmill is 10 minutes walk away which has cute boutique shops, a pub and a Michelin recommended restaurant (Twelve). There is a typical local wet pub at the end of the road that you can watch all the sports and have a few drinks! We have a Thai takeaway nearby, fish and chip shops, a Chinese and Indian restaurant all within walking distance. We are also in easy reach in the car to Lytham St Annes, Poulton-Le-Fylde, Knott end and the UNESCO world heritage site of the Lake District. We are a great base for all the famous Blackpool attractions such as Blackpool Tower, The Sandcastle, Pleasure Beach, Blackpool Illuminations, Blackpool Zoo, the award winning Stanley Park and all other Blackpool shows, events and exhibitions, not to mention the Cleveleys Car Show, Blackpool Air Show and the Famous Fleetwood Tram Sunday. Please see my Guidebook! All this within a 30 minutes drive away!
Located in the Heart of Thornton-Cleveleys, a traditional residential town, nestled in between Blackpool, Fleetwood and the Irish Sea. Our Neighbourhood is in a busy village and can be quite the hustle and bustle at times but super quiet and peaceful at nightime! We have a trading estate nearby, small village primary schools, a grade II listed church and a church hall with a soft play center next door so can get quite busy, although once inside the house and the garden area it is very peaceful and private. All our neighbours are super friendly and will always say hello as everyone loves this house in the area! Many amenities are nearby and in walking distance such as convenience stores, shops, pubs and restaurants. The Historic Marsh Mill Windmill is 10 minutes walk away which has cute boutique shops, a pub and a Michelin recommended restaurant (Twelve). There is a typical local wet pub at the end of the road that you can watch all the sports and have a few drinks! We have a Thai takeaway nearby, fish and chip shops, a Chinese and Indian restaurant all within walking distance. We are also in easy reach in the car to Lytham St Annes, Poulton-Le-Fylde, Knott end and the UNESCO world heritage site of the Lake District. We are a great base for all the famous Blackpool attractions such as Blackpool Tower, The Sandcastle, Pleasure Beach, Blackpool Illuminations, Blackpool Zoo, the award winning Stanley Park and all other Blackpool shows, events and exhibitions, not to mention the Cleveleys Car Show, Blackpool Air Show and the Famous Fleetwood Tram Sunday. Please see my Guidebook! All this within a 30 minutes drive away!